Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 3kg bone-in chicken parts, skinned if desired
- 750g smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch (1.25 cm) slices
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 25g garlic, minced
- 500g uncooked white rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 75ml Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Cook chicken and sausage in batches for around 20 minutes until well browned. Drain fat. Return all meat to pot.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink near the bone.